Founded in 1945, the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering is recognized around the world as a leader in engineering education, research and service. The School has developed generations of rigorously trained engineers and has been the home of solutions to challenges in fields including energy, sustainability, healthcare, communications, transportation, infrastructure and information technology. Driving these efforts is the ability to raise funds and lead the external affairs efforts that keep vital research and initiatives in motion and deliver on the School's promise to enhance engineering excellence in California and around the world.
Reporting jointly to the Dean of the School and the Assistant Vice Chancellor, Professional Schools Development, the Executive Director of Development for the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering will oversee the entire range of external affairs activities related to established priorities for the School. In consultation with the Dean, this individual will design, implement and manage a comprehensive program to secure private support from individuals, corporations and foundations. The Executive Director will establish long-range goals and objectives for development activities; prepare and implement an annual operating plan and budget request; and develop and oversee implementation of long-range strategies for the involvement of and support from alumni. The Executive Director will initiate, develop and maintain cooperative relationships with the business community and communities that expand the impact of the School's mission. This individual will create a core of prospects for major gifts and will work directly with the Dean on principal and major gift efforts as well as maintain active awareness of individuals, corporations and foundations at various stages of identification, cultivation and solicitation. The Executive Director will maintain and expand an effective, high-level volunteer structure designed to provide counsel with regard to development matters and to assist with specific solicitations and other programmatic elements as necessary. In addition, this individual will accomplish this while providing leadership, oversight and strategic direction to professional and support staff.
Percentage of Time:
Qualifications for Position
1. Working knowledge of the principles and practices of fundraising and ten years of progressively increasing responsibility within a major research university or institution of equivalent complexity preferably in a development environment.
2. Demonstrated experience in managing a comprehensive and complex advancement program emphasizing principal gift, major gift and annual giving or a comparable program emphasizing solicitations similar in nature, level and complexity.
3. Skill in personal solicitation techniques with ability to conceptualize and implement broad-ranging and specific principal/major gift and annual fund cultivation and solicitation strategies.
4. Excellent skill in donor and alumni relations.
5. Ability to develop, implement and oversee a strategic communications program designed to enhance the visibility and reputation of the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering.
6. Strong verbal communication skills to express the mission of the university and the fundraising goals of the campus, especially as they relate to the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering.
7. Excellent writing skills to oversee the production of written materials and to write effective correspondence, funding proposals and other creative solicitation materials.
8. Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with the Dean, faculty, and administration; central development; major donor prospects; and volunteers.
9. Skill in the development and leadership of team approaches to goal accomplishment.
10. Strong supervisory skills to oversee and evaluate the efforts of fundraising and communications professionals, support staff, and volunteers.
11. Strong analytical and organizational skills to develop creative, credible solutions, recommendations and programs as well to define and implement special development or alumni relations projects.
12. Strong strategic thinking skills aligned with the ability to implement and follow through.
13. Ability to work evening and weekend hours as required and to travel to achieve stated goals.
14. Master's degree is preferred.
Additional Posting Information
External Posting Date:
Posted on : Sun, 02 Aug 2020 00:07:24 GMT
ITJobsList.com is helping Job Seekers with Smarter and more effective Job Search and Career services. We help millions of people find jobs and has provided employers with the talent they required for their organization.
We deliver a huge database of Tech, STEM Jobs and IT Jobs Listings in USA and help job seekers land a successful career.