H1B Transfer

Individuals with H-1B visa status, or previous status, can transfer to a different employer. Although the individual does not require to seek permission from the former employer for the H1b visa transfer, but they do need to follow non-compete laws and other contractual agreements that they have with the employer.

H-1B Visa Transfer Documentation:

H-1B Visa Holder:

  • U.S. visa, I-797 and I-94
  • Resume
  • Paystubs, letter from employer, or leave of absence letter
  • University Degree
  • University Transcript
  • Academic Evaluation
  • Letter of Recommendation
H1B Transfer

U.S. Employer:

  • Letter of position containing the job title and salary. It must be signed by the employer and H-1B visa holder.
  • An in-depth description of position responsibilities and duties.
  • Marketing material from company
  • Financial statements, annual reports, or business plans.

H1B Extension –

Although H1B visa can be granted for up to three years initially, but you can get it extended for another three years. An employer, however, can only request a total of 3 years on any given H petition.

Requirements –

  • A valid passport for at least 6 months that contain our existing visa of the same classification/category as the one you are revalidated.
  • Your original I-94 Form stapled in your passport.
  • A valid Form I-797 issued by USCIS to indicate your current employer and the approved extension of your stay in the U.S.
  • A letter from your employer identifying you and describing the nature and duties of your job position.
  • Form OF-56 with one 'official' passport-size photograph for each applicant.
  • There is a required non-refundable fee for each machine readable visa which you can make by bank draft, money order, or corporate check made to the order of the "U.S. Department of State.”

Our lawyer team are experienced in handling a large number of H1B transfer application and H1B extension. For genuine advice on H1B transfer and extension filing and any queries related to H1B visa process, reach us out at: