About KIPP Texas Public Schools
KIPP Texas Public Schools is a nonprofit public charter school network, dedicated to preparing students in educationally underserved communities for college success and choice-filled lives. Today, KIPP Texas operates 52 public charter schools educating over 27,700 students across four regions – Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Teacher will:
1. Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students
2. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
3. Prepare lessons that reflect best practices and accommodations for individual differences of students
4. Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor
5. Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior
6. Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to the students
7. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with best practices, specific content knowledge, the physical limitations of the space provided, and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
8. Strive to implement, by instruction and action, the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives
9. Assess student learning, through observations, authentic performance, and more formal methods, in an ongoing manner, providing frequent student feedback, information to parents and written progress reports
10. Utilize diagnostic assessment tools to identify learning strengths and needs of every student, on a regular basis, for the purpose of intervention and/or acceleration toward academic and leadership standards
a. See the assistance of Student Support Services, S3, as needed
11. Take necessary and reasonable precautions to assure safety in the classroom and the school for all students
12. Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations
13. Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct
a. Develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior
b. Maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner
14. Make provisions for being available to the students and to the parents for education-related purposes outside of the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms
15. Provide time in the evening, by phone, for questions and concerns that students and/or parents may have regarding education-related issues that could not be handled during the school day
16. Plan and supervise a purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s), teaching fellow(s), and co-teachers(s), while coaching and supporting their professional growth
17. Maintain and improve professional competence
a. Participate in all professional development opportunities
b. Actively participate in team meeting sand serve on staff committees
c. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues
18. Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students, parents, and community members
19. Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Education and Knowledge:
Posted on : Mon, 15 Apr 2019 23:49:59 GMT
ITJobsList.com is helping Job Seekers with Smarter and more effective Job Search and Career services. We help millions of people find jobs and has provided employers with the talent they required for their organization.
We deliver a huge database of Tech, STEM Jobs and IT Jobs Listings in USA and help job seekers land a successful career.