Military Family & LIfe Counselor (MFLC)
This position has the primary responsibility of providing the full breadth of MFLC counseling services to military service members and their families at military installations worldwide. These services include non medical, short term, walk around counseling, training/health and wellness presentations, provision of health fairs, and consultation to installation command regarding behavioral health issues. The counselors work closely with the installation and military branch Points of Contact (POC) to assure that the program is provided within scope and meets the needs of the installation.
- Provides non medical, short term, solution focused, walk around counseling >- Delivers training and health and wellness presentations, participates in health fairs and other base/installation activities as requested/ >- Enters counselor activity data on a daily basis through smart phone, web, or fax to assure that reporting is accurate from assigned installation, while maintaining client/service member confidentiality.
- Create a presence on the installation in which the service and family members feel comfortable approaching the counselor and recognize the program to be confidential.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with community resources and provides appropriate linkages for service members and their families. Partners with POC to provide MFLC services in a manner that addresses the needs of the installation. Develops an excellent working relationship with the installation POC.
- Provides MFLC response to critical incidents, surge and on demand events, and special requests as >- Manages duty to warn and restricted reporting situations according to DoD protocol and staffs the cases with Regional Supervisor/Regional Director.
- Communicates with Regional Supervisors and participate in regular individual and group supervision, sharing information regarding trends and issues on the installations to which they are assigned.
- Participates in regular in-services/training, Quality Improvement committees or other contract activities as assigned/appropriate.
Field(s) of study: Behavioral Health Profession
Industry: Employee Assistance Programs
Job Specific: Advanced knowledge of brief therapy and solution-focused counseling methods. An equivalent combination of experience and education is acceptable.
Licenses, Certifications, etc.: Must be licensed to practice independently, without supervision (ie. LCSW, LMHC or equivalent.)
Requires excellent organizational skills to effectively provide MFLC services Requires comfort with public speaking and presentations. Requires the ability to manage and structure time and activities independently Requires flexibility in responding to high-profile requests and emergent situations. Requires knowledge and expertise in solution-focused, brief counseling. Requires knowledge of and expertise in providing consultation Requires business travel and flexibility in traveling to military installations
Experience: 5 years of post-masters with emphasis in short term counseling. Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with military culture. Prior services as MFLC and/or CYB counselor.
National Sourcing, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and offers preference of protected veterans for it's openings.
National Sourcing, Inc. will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
Posted on : Sun, 15 Dec 2019 19:32:24 GMT
ITJobsList.com is helping Job Seekers with Smarter and more effective Job Search and Career services. We help millions of people find jobs and has provided employers with the talent they required for their organization.
We deliver a huge database of Tech, STEM Jobs and IT Jobs Listings in USA and help job seekers land a successful career.