Are you an experienced Equipment Design Lead? We have a fantastic opportunity with a fortune 500 company. Please apply if this sounds like you!
In this role, you will provide expertise in Mechanical Engineering that improves product, process and/or equipment performance (cost, quality, and service) and/or advances the innovation process to enable the delivery of new products. We provide solutions for increased process selects, increased material utilization, decreased costs, and improvement to product quality by planning, organizing and implementing projects. Design and analyze first generation/next generation products, processes and/or equipment in support of a new product/technology introduction. Maintains knowledge of the latest developments in their area of expertise in order to identify and documentany intellectual property developed as part of a project. Focus is on equipment/mechanical design processes.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will provide leadership in problem solving and technical expertise, to ensure timely resolution of short-term equipment issues, and higher level troubleshooting.
- We will provide cost and schedule updates on assigned projects.
- Provides general engineering and manufacturing skills and knowledge (understands theories and fundamentals), and capable of leading projects to get to root cause of issues, and put permanent solutions in place.
- We recommend and implement permanent solutions to long term performance issues, and improves existing and new technologies.
- Meets all Environmental, Safety and Health requirements.
- Develops SME knowledge of material, process and/or equipment in focused areas of manufacturing or engineering.
- Designs and/or specifies new equipment or modifies existing equipment to continuously improve process performance.
- Coordinates installation, debugging and initial operation of new equipment and systems.
- Capable of designing new equipment, fixtures, or systems using SolidWorks software.
- Capable of trackingand scheduling projects using MicrosoftProject software
- We anticipate up to 50% travel for this role (primarily international)
- You will need a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree with focus on mechanical engineering
- We need 5+ years of relative experience for this role.
- Experience with glass technology (melting, forming, finishing, coating, etc.)
- Lean Fundamentals
- Track record of delivering results.
- Broad manufacturing and engineering experiences
- Project leadership (scope to implementation)
- Experience in managing projects including the use of Microsoft Project.
- Exposure to contract manufacturing and machinery
- Ability to design complex systems using SolidWorks CAD
- Project and/or manufacturing financial management knowledge
- Knowledge of Innovation Stage-gate processes
- Ability to learn on the fly
Do your colleagues consider you to be positive, open and engaging and an effective member of a dynamic team?
Are you a self-starter, passionate about engineering and have a high level of technical curiosity?
Are you dedicated, open to new ideas and recognized for your flexibility to change?
This role does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Posted on : Thu, 16 May 2019 13:13:01 GMT
This job posting is no longer available on ITJobsList.
Find similar jobs: on Job Search
ITJobsList.com is helping Job Seekers with Smarter and more effective Job Search and Career services. We help millions of people find jobs and has provided employers with the talent they required for their organization.
We deliver a huge database of Tech, STEM Jobs and IT Jobs Listings in USA and help job seekers land a successful career.