CHC will offer a $2,500.00 sign-on bonus for this position.
The Dental Assistant operates as an effective team member with dental clinic care providers and other front and back office support staff to provide quality dental treatment support, four-handed dentistry, oral health education, instrument repair and sterilization, facilities and equipment maintenance, and supply inventory & purchasing, in accordance with agency standards. Minimum QualificationsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Greets patients, interpreters and visitors, in person and by phone, in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner, to respond to inquiries, take messages, and provide accurate information regarding schedules and services.
2. Assists patients in completing all necessary forms, verifies contents, provides complete pre-op and post-op instructions, answers questions or refers as needed to the Dentists, and assures completion of pre-authorizations.
3. Works in tandem with the reception staff in managing interpretive services.
4. Assists the Dentists in determining dental problems and offering oral health education.
5. Assists Dentists with timely delivery of accurate and complete fee slips to receptionist for every patient encounter.
6. Monitors schedules and patient arrivals, participates in sequencing patients, and provides assistance to co-workers to maintain a smooth and efficient patient flow for entire clinic for maximum productivity.
7. Performs competently and independently all dental treatment procedures in use at CHC and allowable by Dental Assistants under Washington State Law.
8. Performs radiographic surveys as prescribed by the Dentists for diagnostic purposes (expose, develop, mount and label films.
9. Assists the Dentists chairside in providing dental care for patients utilizing efficient four handed dentistry techniques of instrument exchange, oral evacuation, tissue retraction, and materials preparation.
10. Opens and closes operatories and keeps operatories fully stocked, organized, and safe. Reprocess operatories and instruments following each patient encounter with promptness and efficiency. Prepares appropriate instruments and materials for each treatment procedure.
11. Maintains current knowledge of dental materials, dental procedures, oral hygiene procedures, and sterilization/disinfection procedures in use at CHC.
12. Follows established inventory and supply monitoring system and purchasing protocols for maintaining stock and ordering supplies as assigned.
13. Follows established protocols for routine cleaning, disinfection, sterilization, maintenance and repair of instruments and equipment.
14. Performs the duties of a Dental Receptionist, as needed, and assists with other departments when called upon.
15. Adheres to organizational infection control practices and written plan.
16. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
Posted on : Sat, 20 Apr 2019 17:09:09 GMT
This job posting is no longer available on ITJobsList.
Find similar jobs: on Job Search
ITJobsList.com is helping Job Seekers with Smarter and more effective Job Search and Career services. We help millions of people find jobs and has provided employers with the talent they required for their organization.
We deliver a huge database of Tech, STEM Jobs and IT Jobs Listings in USA and help job seekers land a successful career.