If you’re passionate about becoming a Nationwide associate and believe you have the potential to be something great, let’s talk.
Number 54 on the Fortune Magazine 100 Best Places to Work.Job Summary: Provides a safe and secure environment at the Nationwide Home Office facilities. Greets all visitors entering the facilities and advises them once their business has been determined. Polices the facilities and reports or takes action to correct any breach of the Company's security policy. Learns all the functions of the Security Control Room including data base management, trouble shooting of computerized systems and the ID center including data base management and production. May be armed as dictated by the needs of business and able to meet state/industry proficiency standards. Will proactively investigate crimes and incidents of an unusual, suspicious or dangerous nature and will act to resolve these situations. Will be able to execute life safety procedures to protect the lives of associates in various emergency situations.
**3rd shift - 11:00pm-7:00am, weekends included**
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Security Supervisor
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Greets all persons entering or calling the office buildings and provides information to their inquiries and/or requests.
2. Enforces company policy concerning security, life/safety and conducts all persons on the company premises.
3. Responds to emergency situations: i.e. issues of workplace violence, violent offenders, associates stranded in elevators, accidents, fires, medical emergencies, crimes in progress, alarm notifications, etc. Assists with emergency procedures and may direct public safety officials.
4. Patrols the buildings on a scheduled basis to provide physical security and life safety protection for the facility and associates. Responds immediately to radio calls to investigate alarms and emergency situations. May be required to patrol the arena district either on bike, foot or in car. In this role they may act as pseudo-law enforcement to protect lives and property and cause the arrest of those involved in criminal acts. They provide a very high level of customer contact. They may approach and detain suspicious persons, respond to crimes in progress or be involved in other life threatening or dangerous situations.
5. Writes initial loss/stolen or incident reports for claims of loss or situations within the facilities. Conducts follow up investigations including reviewing documents, video, talking with suspects and victims, etc. Assists management with investigation of these situations. Testifies in court, prepares reports for court and preserves evidence as needed.
6. Maintains the facilities access control of associates by cardkey and/or building registers after regular business hours. Secures the facilities at the end of a workday and maintains this secure mode until the facility is accessed for scheduled workday. May be tasked with operating the Matrix access control system to allow or deny access, create access cards, create system reports and maintain the database.
7. Provides associates escorts to and from facilities. Provides protection for monetary transfer by bank associates.
8. Assists with regularly scheduled building facility inspections of fire extinguishers, standpipe systems, muzak/PA systems, elevators and fire alarm systems.
9. With proper approval, may carry a firearm when on duty. Will qualify with the firearm at least annually. If armed, the officer will be expected to intervene in situations where there is imminent risk of harm to associates or customers. This intervention may take the form of investigation, reporting, electronic system intervention, physical altercation or force including deadly force. May be required to obtain a concealed carry permit dependent upon assignment.
10. Assists with on the job training of new security associates at all locations. Will provide security awareness and new hire security training to the associate population.
11. Performs courier service to financial institutions for the Nationwide Companies.
12. Monitors electronic protection systems including alarms, CCTV, access control, fire, elevator, intercom and other systems as assigned. Dispatches security, public safety or other personnel to alarm conditions across the country from our alarm monitoring center. Maintains data bases within these systems and provides reports from same.
13. Monitors alarm systems across the country. Maintains, trouble shoots, repairs hardware systems. Maintains and modifies software and data bases. Provides database and activity reports based on alarm activity. Directs vendors during the install process. Frequent communication with end users for training and problem resolution.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education: High school degree required. Bachelor or technical school degree is preferred.
Experience: Three year related security experience.
Knowledge: Proven knowledge of corporate safety and security practices, procedures, equipment, firearm, and console operation.
Skills/ Competencies: Must have the ability to learn the use of firearms/qualify annually and safety equipment. Must possess personal computer skills, and good verbal and written communications skills.
Overtime eligibility: Eligible (Nonexempt)
Working Conditions: The standard workday is eight hours, which includes a paid lunch period. Employee is required to work the specific shift designated at the time of hire: first, second, or third shift. Must be in good physical condition. Must possess the physical ability to walk, run, stoop, kneel, carry and lift in order to perform assigned duties. Must be available to work after standard office hours, weekends and holidays as needed for emergency situations and special event coverage.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process. A criminal check will be done yearly for all security associates.
Safety Sensitive This job has been identified as a Safety Sensitive position and in accordance with our substance free work place program may be subject to random alcohol and other drug testing.
Job Evaluation Activity : CB 10/2010
Additional Job DescriptionSmoke-Free Iowa Statement: Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, its affiliates and subsidiaries comply with the Iowa Smokefree Air Act. Smoking is prohibited in all enclosed areas on or around company premises as well as company issued vehicles. The company offers designated smoking areas in which smoking is permitted at each individual location. The Act prohibits retaliation for reporting complaints or violations. For more information on the Iowa Smokefree Air Act, individuals may contact the Smokefree Air Act Helpline at 888-944-2247.
Posted on : Tue, 12 Feb 2019 14:38:10 GMT
This job posting is no longer available on IT Jobs List.
Find similar jobs: on Job Search
ITJobsList.com is helping Job Seekers with Smarter and more effective Job Search and Career services. We help millions of people find jobs and has provided employers with the talent they required for their organization.
We deliver a huge database of Tech, STEM Jobs and IT Jobs Listings in USA and help job seekers land a successful career.