$20.84 an hour
Conard House, Inc. is a progressive nonprofit organization empowering people who live and work on the margins of society. We work with a diverse adult population and strive for cultural competency by respecting experience, promoting inclusion and building community. The position is with the Community Services-North Program, which provides representative payee services, income advocacy, money management, case management, and housing referrals. This position is included in the collective bargaining unit with SEIU Local 1021.
Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral sciences or equivalent years of experience providing direct services in human services setting. Knowledge of Social Security, City Adult Assistance Programs and Veteran Administration entitlements are essential. Demonstrated Case Management skills in housing and social service referral sources preferred. Ability to assist clients in budgeting and managing their personal finances is required. Must have effective advocacy, organizational, communication, and time-management skills. Computer literacy is a must. Ability to work as a team member towards common goals and objectives required. (People who don't meet specific qualifications are encouraged to call if genuinely interested in the position.)
- Provide services and information in a manner that is supportive and non-judgmental.
- Develop and implement case management and money management plans and contracts.
- Coordinate case conferences with Community Living Fund Care Managers and other service providers assisting clients.
_ Provide outreach, conduct house visits, schedule and accompany clients to appointments as required.
- Help clients negotiate bills, purchases and other expenditures. Request, prepare and document payments.
- Document progress notes in CA case care database.
- Maintain accurate account balances and money management documentation.
- Provide advocacy and assistance pursuing entitlements, housing, and other referral services.
- Complete and submit Social Security reports and reviews in a timely manner.
- Ensure income benefits by completing required paperwork or referrals to advocacy agencies.
- Intervene in crisis situations to bring problem under control.
- Develop and implement plan for client placement upon discharge from the program.
- Perform general office duties such as answering phones, filing paperwork, making copies, etc.
- Attend agency and sponsoring agency staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Provide temporary coverage at other CHCS or SHP programs, as needed.
- Assist with other responsibilities as assigned by the Conard House Community Services Program Director.
Application Procedure: To apply, please send resume and letter of intent to Matt Bauer, Program Director II by emailorby fax 415-928-0952. Conard House, Inc. is a committed equal opportunity employer. People with diverse cultural backgrounds encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the city and state’s Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with conviction records for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.84 /hour
Posted on : Mon, 11 Feb 2019 19:14:00 GMT
ITJobsList.com is helping Job Seekers with Smarter and more effective Job Search and Career services. We help millions of people find jobs and has provided employers with the talent they required for their organization.
We deliver a huge database of Tech, STEM Jobs and IT Jobs Listings in USA and help job seekers land a successful career.