This position supports the efficient operations of the Academic Affairs Department and assists one or more Deans within the assigned Academic School while coordinating efforts with other Academic Schools such as e-Learning. This position schedules classes, helps develop and post faculty teaching assignments, handles payroll, prepares course descriptions, reviews faculty syllabi and related textbook selections and orders; conducts program reviews and assesses course learning outcomes. Under the direction of the School’s Dean, handles initial student academic concerns and elevates more serious problems to the appropriate individual.
1. Provides oversight and assistance with class scheduling and handles related activities such as: Building drafts of on-campus and off-campus class schedules; monitoring and evaluating enrollment levels to determine if additional class sections are needed; monitoring the course cancellation policy; maintaining course and section information; tracking missing grades, final class rosters, and contracts; assisting with validating student degree audits; ensuring all book orders placed meet College policy, state, and federal guidelines;
2. Coordinates with designated Deans the selection, assignment and monitoring of faculty workload each term, which includes but is not limited to: developing and posting of traditional classroom and hybrid faculty assignments; insuring academic load assignments are in compliance with faculty contracts; preparing overload and adjunct payroll; and assisting with the hiring and selection of adjuncts by creating job postings and reviewing applicants
3. Assists the Dean of the School with the development of new courses and existing programs and the accurate publication of current course offerings, including but not limited to: overseeing the preparation of required documents for course and program approvals; validating and maintaining the accuracy of school information for the virtual catalog; overseeing the enforcement of the pre-requisite and co-requisite policy; verifyng the submission of course syllabi each semester, and insuring the accuracy of course descriptions and learning objectives for all faculty syllabi
4. Assists with assessment of General Education and course-level assessment of learning outcomes and program review; distributes and compiles materials for Writing Across the Curriculum/Writing Intensive courses
5. Supervises Academic Administrative Assistant(s) and other clerical workers
6. Researches and prepares reports to assist senior leaders during negotiations, contract enforcement, and grievance processing
7. Maintains open communication with all active professional educators; faculty and adjunct faculty; handles initial student concerns or complaints and elevates more serious issues to appropriate individual
8. Serves as liaison with IT regarding all system concerns including developing reports and streamlining operational processes
9. Participates on college committees, as assigned
10. Related projects and duties
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Five year’s administrative experience in an academic environment
3. Three years of supervisory or team leadership experience
4. Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and database systems such as Colleague, Banner, PeopleSoft or other like ERP software to create detailed documents, report, presentations, etc.; ability to deliver basic training on systems.
1. Master’s Degree
2. One year of experience with Datatel, S25 and R25 or similar scheduling tools
Posted on : Wed, 13 Mar 2019 21:51:04 GMT
This job posting is no longer available on ITJobsList.
Find similar jobs: on Job Search
ITJobsList.com is helping Job Seekers with Smarter and more effective Job Search and Career services. We help millions of people find jobs and has provided employers with the talent they required for their organization.
We deliver a huge database of Tech, STEM Jobs and IT Jobs Listings in USA and help job seekers land a successful career.